Friday, April 9, 2010

Smoothness



This is one of the hot-button issues among yoyoers. Is vibe okay? Should it be okay? Are you defamed for discriminating against this characteristic? When does vibe become too much? How fun it is that this is a topic of our heated arguments.

I don't know when I started to love smoothness as much as I do. It might have begun around the time of receiving of my California from Ben. This vibe-free world was new and incredible, and suddenly my standards went through the roof. See, I love grinds and if my your yo-yo has ANY vibe, I’myou're going to feel it. And to me, grinds, like any yo-yo trick, are about the FEEL. If it doesn't offer visceral satisfaction, I don't do the trick. To this end, a grind on dead smooth yo-yo is as good at it gets. I get such satisfaction from that silky smooth feeling as I get from landing any slack/tech/[insert hard trick here]. That is how I yo-yo, and that is what's fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment